Thursday, October 7, 2010

Under the Weather

Sorry faithful followers, I've been a bit under the weather lately. Last Monday evening - the day of my puddle jumping fun - I came down with a 102 degree fever (and NO it didn't come from my puddle jumping!!!). I had it for a few hours and then it went away. When I woke up the next morning, I had a really runny nose. I ended up having another fever that night. This continued until Thursday. I felt great on Friday and Saturday, aside from that pesky runny nose and all. Then Sunday I developed a nasty cough. It seemed to get to me while sleeping, so needless to say, none of us around here got much sleep. Monday was really bad so Mommy finally gave in and called Dr. D. on Tuesday. Mommy just figured it was a viral infection and there was no need to drag me to to the doctors office to be around more sick people, but eight days was enough. So, as it turns out, Dr. D. was off on Tuesday so we got to see Dr. H. We all like Dr. H. He actually came to see me in the hospital. Daddy likes him because he went to Michigan. So, Dr. H. checked me all out. He was very impressed with me. I let him listen to my chest and back, and look in my ears, nose, and throat. And he told Mommy it was just a good ole viral infection, that'll be $175.00 thankyouverymuch...ok, well, he left that part out. Anyway, he said my left ear is on the verge of an ear infection and for Mommy and Daddy to keep an eye out for me rubbing it or anymore fever and to call him and he'd give me some antibiotics. He also suggested some cold and cough medicine to help with my cough. He even gave Mommy a print out of what to get. So, after getting my Dora the Explorer sticker for being so good, we went to CVS to find this medicine. Well, CVS didn't carry it. And neither did Walmart. And neither did RiteAid. Turns out, this frigging stuff was recalled over a year ago! Seriously, no offense to Daddy and all, but maybe I'd be better off seeing a doctor that went to Ohio State! So, we came home, empty handed. Instead I got a menthol bubble bath, some Tylenol, and a humidifier cranked up. I'm happy to report that the trip to the doctor was, in fact, the miracle cure I needed as I'm feeling much better...and I've passed it on to Mommy. Hehe!