Tuesday was election day across our great country. Mommy planned to go vote and had to take me with her. I've had a horrendous case of the Terrible Two's lately so Mommy tried to get me very excited about going to vote so that I'd be on my best behavior. And, I was excited about going to vote. But, when the time came Tuesday morning to head to our location polling station, I was not in the mood. I kicked my sneakers off and refused to wear them. Mommy said leaving the house was not open for discussion and that I needed to wear shoes. She said she didn't care if I wore my rain boots, so long as I put some shoes on and head out the door. So, I found my beloved purple Crocs...which were dirty. So, I, of course, threw a fit until Mommy wiped them off. Then I put them on and Mommy buckled me into the Addie Mobile. Going down the driveway, I thought it would be funny to kick them off. Mommy didn't find it as funny though... So, I decided to cry all the way to town. I cried so stinking much that I fell asleep right before pulling into the polling station. Much to Mommy's dismay, I woke up while she was unbuckling me. I also refused to put my Crocs on so Mommy got my stroller out and said if I put my Crocs on, she'd give me a rice krispy treat (yum!!!). So, I put my shoes on but do you think I got my frickin' rice krispy treat?! No!!! So, I reminded her the whole way into the school Mommy voted at that I needed my treat. Mommy said that I needed to wait a minute until she got checked in. And, true to her word, as soon as we got our place in line, she handed the rice krispy treat over. And I...kicked my Crocs off. And Mommy closed her eyes and silently repeated "She's two. She's two. She's two." over and over in her head. I was pretty good about munching on my treat while Mommy voted. I must say, it wasn't nearly as excited as she made it out to be. Then on the way out, we were given some "I Voted" stickers. I, am the world's biggest sticker nut, but I decided to be two and screamed at the nice election volunteer that I didn't want a sticker. So, we left. I told Mommy I wanted to go home and have a grilled cheese sandwich. So, home we came. And, a grilled cheese sandwich my Mommy did make me. And, I ate about two bites of it...as Mommy kept saying to herself, "She's two!"
