Wednesday, January 4, 2012

sorrycharlie


Look at this poor little guy. He's got a cold. Sad face. He's been spending lots of time in the bathroom with Momma soaking up some steam and getting his nose cleaned out with a booger sucker. Luckily, he had his two week check-up with Dr. D. this morning while I was at school. I really wanted to go along but Momma told me that Maw Maw and Paw Paw would have to pick me up from school since she and Daddy would likely still be at the doctors with babycharlie so I quickly changed my tune! Anyway, babycharlie got a clean bill of health - aside from the cold and all. He weighs in at nine pounds even and has grown half an inch already. We've already had to start packing some of his newborn clothes away! Dr. D. told Daddy and Momma they're doing everything they can possibly do to help him fight his cold and to pay attention to his congestion and take him back to see her ASAP if his lungs sound bad. He lucked out and didn't have to get any shots today BUT he did have to get his second PKU test. They pricked his little foot in the hopes that it would drip a good bit of blood to fill up four circles on a piece of paper. Well, apparently babycharlie isn't much of a bleeder and they had to prick his foot four times. He wouldn't cry much either to help get the blood flowing. You know, after hearing about all of this, I'm REALLY glad I went to school!