Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Skating Update

Sorry! I know, I know. No blog update in two weeks. Well, Momma's laptop sorta crashed and it took a while to get it back up and running. Fingers crossed that its fixed this time!

Anyway, I'm sure you all are wondering how ice skating is going. Well, it's not. The second night of skating did not go well at all. I fell as soon as I got on the ice and couldn't get back up. I realize I'm supposed to learn how to get up on my own but it was my second class and I just wasn't having much luck and the instructor didn't help me. And I got mad. And so did Daddy and Momma. She finally helped me up but I was so upset and scared at that point, I was just done. One of the assistants tried to help me calm down but I just wanted to go home. Before pulling me off the ice, the assistant suggested Momma bring me during free skate to see if maybe I had more fun with Mommy before trying class again.

So, last Monday that's what Momma and I did. We went to free skate. I was all excited about my date afternoon with her until we got to the rink. She managed to get my skates on and me to the ice but I froze (pun intended) when we got ready to step onto it. Momma drug me kicking, crying, and screaming out on the ice. She thought that if she took me around a few times I'd see how fun it was and would be more excited about lessons. (Mommy's note: Contrary to popular belief, I am coordinated enough to maneuver around on ice skates!). But she thought wrong. After three trips around, I was DONE. 

On the way out, Momma asked to speak with the lady in charge of the skating program. She said I'm too young to do the whole "start what you finish" thing so she suggested I switch into the class with the "rock star" skating instructor on Saturday mornings instead. So, that was the plan.

Saturday morning I threw an absolute fit about going to practice before leaving the house so Momma and Daddy decided to throw in the towel with this lesson thing. Saturday night Momma and I watch the Ladies' Figure Skating Championship on TV. Momma asked me if I thought it was cool...and it is...but I'd rather just be a spectator.