Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Blizzard

Well I hope everyone survived "The Blizzard of 2010" or "Snowmageddon" or...whatever you want to call it. Mommy took pics every hour on Friday hoping to document how quickly the snow piled up. Well, she took her last picture at 7:30 Friday evening and there was maybe on 3-4" of snow at the point...not very exciting. However, here's what I woke up to at 7:30 Saturday morning. Yes, Ladies and Gents, that is snow piled against my window. Actually, it was piled on top of our walkout basement roof. Here's our snow loving dog waiting to be let back in to warm up.

Snow piled up against our garage door.
Luckily the wind blows around the house in just the right direction that it blows it all a good 5 - 7 feet away from the big garage doors.The snowman is happy.
Hey look it filled up the rain gauge! I guess we got at least six inches! Hehe!
If I had to guess, I bet we let Reese in and out at least 100 times yesterday.

Cool drift against the back of the house.

The back door.
"OK, I'm warmed up, lemmie back out there!!!"

Looking out our front window...through the screens...yes, I know Daddy and Mommy should have taken them down before winter.
Daddy cleaning off the heat pumps so we stayed warm.

The calm after the storm.


Watching it snow is hard work, so I enjoyed a cookie and some juice.

The snow clearing begins.

Brrrr! Our front door!
It's getting dark out there Daddy!
The sun setting on the snow...pretty!
A few pretty pics from this morning.

Pop-Pop and Anthony came over to open the driveways for the trailers and were oh so kind as to help Daddy finish ours.



As for me, I haven't been out in it. I like the snow, but considering it's deeper than I am tall, I think I'll just stay inside and look at it. And what's this I hear about another 6-12" Tuesday night? BRING IT!!!!!!!!!