Today, Momma and I had to take Reese to the vet. As you know, I got a doctor's kit for Christmas. As we headed down the driveway, I asked Momma if we could go back to get it so I would be prepared for Reese's exam. She said that I could just watch. And, boy, did I ever. Dr. R. was very nice and gentle with Reese and checked her all out. She had to take Reese's temperature and I was anxious to see how it was done, but Momma wouldn't let me watch. She mentioned to Dr. R. that I am quite curious and was afraid that I might try to take Reese's temperature when we got home. So, you know what? Dr. R. had a good chuckle about this and decided to take Reese in the back to run the rest of her tests out of my sight. She thought it was good that I have a big interest in taking care of animals, but thought perhaps maybe I should wait to try doing any medical exams on real animals until, say, vet school in 20 years.
And for those of you who care, Reese has been losing hair on her back for several weeks now. They ran all sorts of test for mange, mites, allergies, and took blood to check her thyroid. Dr. R. felt pretty certain that it was Reese's thyroid causing her to go bald, but, alas, all the tests came back normal. So, we were sent home with a bottle of medicated shampoo and three nights a week after I get my bath, Reese will get one too. She also took some hair samples and are testing those for fungus. So, we'll have to wait about three weeks to see what those results say. The good news is Reese's baldness doesn't seem to bother her...she just looks kinda funny.
