It all started a few days before Christmas. I started carrying "Shanna" around - a stuffed, dark brown horse that I named after Grampsie and Nana's real, white horse. Coincidentally, Grampsie and Nana gave me this stuffed horse for one of my birthdays. Anyway, I haven't been able to go anywhere without Shanna. I bring her with me at night when I make the trek across the house to Daddy and Mommy's bed (I don't make the trek every night...but it seems like it!). About two weeks ago, it became necessary for me to need some additional stuffed animals to fall asleep each night: Pooh Bear, Mickey Mouse, and Minnie Mouse...which I started referring to as "My Friends". So, when I would feel it necessary to sleep with Daddy and Mommy, all four of "My Friends" were in tow. Friday, I added a fifth friend to the mix with the addition of Blue from "Blues Clues". So, I began struggling to bring all five friends of mine to Daddy and Mommy's room in the middle of the night. During the day I like to play with all of my stuffed animals. I probably have 20-30 downstairs and another 20-30 in my playroom. My favorite thing to do with them, is pile them on the couch, then the love seat, then Reese laying on the floor, or Daddy in his chair, or Mommy in her chair...you get the idea. Last night I told Daddy and Mommy that I needed ALL of "My Friends" to sleep. So, Mommy put the "Main Five" with me and nicely arranged my other friends on my bed to welcome me. During the middle of the night, Daddy and Mommy were awakened by something hitting them. Instead of just bringing the "Main Five", I didn't want to hurt any one's feelings...so I brought them all. It took me about eight trips and I'm pretty sure I heard Daddy and Mommy laughing the entire time I was gone. Mommy was nice enough to get up and help me - mainly because she wanted to go back to sleep. Daddy said he felt like he was sleeping on Noah's Ark. So, we all got comfy (Mommy's note: Addie got comfy - Daddy and I had to cling to the sides of the bed since there was no room left for us!) and went back to sleep. Well, me, Daddy, and "My Friends". I made Mommy get up and blog about it instead...oh, yeah, and work too!
