Tuesday, September 11, 2012

4-year Check-up

Well, Momma and I got to have a Momma and Addie afternoon yesterday but it wasn't fun. We dropped Charlie off with Paw-Paw to babysit. I think they had a blast together. Then Momma and I took off. For where you ask? The. Doctor. Seriously...

It wasn't that bad. They measured me and weighed me. Then I got a cool vision test followed by a hearing test where I had to push a button after hearing a beep in the headphones I was wearing. I get my coordination from my mother and had a little trouble hitting the button at first but I caught on. 

Then I had to answer some questions. One of which was, "Addie, are you potty trained?" to which I replied, "Yes, but Momma and Daddy wipe my butt when I poop." I don't know why the nurse and Momma laughed so much. 

Then Dr. D. came in and checked me out. I'm fine. Perfectly healthy.

At this point I thought we could leave but we sat in the exam room for a few minutes. And then the door opened. And not one nurse, but two walked in. With three big needles. I hid under the bench in the exam room. My mean mother told me she saw a spider crawl under there to scare me out.

One of the nurses instructed Momma to sit on the table with me on her lap. They then proceeded to have Momma put each of my arms under lockdown under each of her arms and then stufffed my legs between hers and told her to squeeze my legs so I couldn't move. And then they got me! One shot in my left arm and a shot in each leg. And. They. HHHHHHUUUUUURRRRRRTTTTTT!!!!!!!

And. I. SSSSCCCRREEEEAAAAMMMMEEEEDDDDD!!!!!

It was terrible.

You should have seen the sympathetic looks the other patients gave me in the waiting room as Momma carried my red-faced, sobbing self out.

On the plus side, we got to yum-yum on pizza and ice cream afterwards with Paw-Paw and Nannie G!