I'd like to start off today's post by offering my condolences to my pal Macie whose Great Mom Mom passed away yesterday. She was a nice lady and she will be missed.
So, I'll bet you're wondering why I titled today's post "NO!!!!"? Well, I had my 18 month check up this morning and that's all I said for about 45 minutes straight!
Everything was going so well. I was sitting in a waiting room chair, all by myself, like a big girl and then the door opened. There stood my favorite nurse. Ahem, correction, she used to be my favorite nurse. The last time I saw her, she helped Mommy and another nurse give me my piggy flu shot. I whined all the way back the hallway. She weighed me (25 lean, mean pounds, thank you very much) and took my height (32" - better watch out Mommy, it won't be long until I'm taller than you!) and then did all the usual stuff...while I...screamed...my...head...off. Then Dr. D. came in. And I screamed "NO!!!!" at her too. Which she thought was funny. Yeah, you know what would be funny? If I could put that cold stethoscope on her. I don't think she'd be laughing then. But anyway, she said I'm fine and to come see her again in six months. Ha! Well, see about that! So she said we could be on our merry way, well, you know, after the shots and all.
Mommy got me dressed except for my pants and she and the nurse had a system. It worked well on the first shot but I kicked during the second one and had blood running all over the place. The nurse said goodbye and if I knew how to, I would have given her the finger. It took Mommy a long time to get me calmed down before I would let her put my pants back on. The nurses out front said they could hear me screaming from way in the back. They all thought it was funny. Darn nurses.
So that was my bad day. We also went to gymnastics but I wanted no parts of it. Neither did the other kids in my class. They must have all had doctors appointments afterwards too that they weren't looking forward to. I am, however, looking forward to tonight. It's Daddy and Addie night! Mommy won't be home and we're gonna have LOTSA fun!
PS - I'm sorry if I offended any nurses with this post. You all are wonderful people and the world needs ya...but I coulda done without those dang shots!
