Sunday, August 9, 2009

I Feel Terrible!

I just realized that two very important birthdays have come and gone this week and I completely forgot to throw some love their way. On Thursday, my Great-Grandma M. celebrated her birthday.

And then yesterday was my Great Nannie B.'s birthday.I'm so sorry for forgetting - well, I didn't actually forget your birthdays - I just forgot to blog about them. I love you both very much and hope you both had great days!!!


In my defense, I've been pretty busy. For starters, I know that Mommy is really busy with work. So, I've been getting up with her just about every morning this week at 4:00 to help her out. Surprisingly though, she doesn't seem very appreciative of my help. I mean, all she does lately is grumble under her breath about how busy she is, how she needs help, etc. I honestly thought I have been doing her a favor...apparently not. See if I help you again! What else have I been up to? Oh yeah, Friday Daddy took off since Mommy had to spend the day at her OAFH so we went up to Nana and Grampsie's and I helped Grampsie and Daddy work on Grampsie's shed. Nana and I played on their play set. I helped Nana make (and eat!) some cupcakes. My Godmother Heather came over to play with me. I fought sleep! Then yesterday morning I woke Mommy up extra early so she could work. Only we didn't work, we caught up on some Tivo'd shows and ended up taking a nap in Daddy's recliner instead. Then I helped Mommy make a "test" cake for my birthday party. It looked pretty good. Until Daddy tried to move it for Mommy. And...ripped...my...butterfly...in...half. Grandpa and Grandma came up for a few minutes to drop off some fresh, wonderfully delicious sweet corn and peaches. We ate some lunch and then we ran all over looking for a play set...for me...for my birthday. Ahhhh, I'm feeling the love! We didn't actually find one that we all liked - bummer - but we're going to keep looking. Daddy and I took a nap in his chair while Mommy attempted to decorate my butterfly cake. I've gotta say. Mommy can make a gosh darn good cake. But, her decorating skills leave a little to be desired. Let's just say I don't think Mommy will be getting a job at Charm City Cakes anytime soon. I'm thinking at this point maybe she'd just be better off giving up on trying to win the "Mommy of the Year" award and just order me a friggin' cake. Because, seriously, I had nightmares about that butterfly last night. Scary...but it was good! So, what else I did do? Oh yeah, I helped Daddy carry his tools out of the attic. I helped Mommy cut up and freeze some corn. I tried to climb out of my playpen. Reese and I raced back and forth in my playroom while Daddy cleaned up Mommy's hardwood floor.
See, I've been busy. But, now, I've got to get back to helping Mommy work again!